Sunday, May 14, 2006

In Memory

Normally, I like to include a review or posting on four to five children’s books a week. But, as you can see there has been only one in the last week. Unfortunately, this is primarily due to the sudden passing of my wonderful Dad this week and all the arrangements, events, and paperwork that goes with such an occurrance. So, in tribute to him I am including the conclusion of the memorial statement I made Saturday in honor of him.

He was a man of faith and a man that I am proud to call my Dad. He left us too early and very suddenly, but I know that he knew I loved him and that I would see him again at the great banquet that God has prepared for each of us that have come to know Him. So, the best thing I can say that I learned from my Dad and that I hope to share with you is to forgive others no matter how hard. And, the greatest thing he shared with me was that no matter what has happen or what I have done God will always be there.

And, finally to my Dad’s family, friends, and acquaintances I leave you with a thought that my Dad had written down as a personal attribute to try and attain, he paraphrases from scripture that - - - Love seeks the best in others.


There was quite a bit more and the beginning was written in a letter format to my daughter, but I thought it too long to include. So, although not book related, my Dad was a great encourager of my book “habit” and love of reading.

In about a week I will start the book reviews up again. So, please stop by and see what’s new.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog entry is a great tribute to your father as was your letter to your daughter at the memorial service. Your Dad has a lovely daughter. He would have loved your thoughts and words.
Take care.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dad. I wanted to get your address from Frema, but being as how they're on their honeymoon it wasn't possible. I talked to your husband on Saturday night about it, and was surprised to hear such terrible news. I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I can't imagine. My heart goes out to you.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, PJ. Please take care of yourself and your family.

7:22 PM  
Blogger PJ Librarian said...

Thank you everyone. It will be a day by day healing, but it is still very hard to know that I can't just pick up the phone and say how are you today Dad. It is also funny how much you miss those little what are you doing for dinner or what are you watching calls as well.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

I am so sorry for all you've had to go through with the loss of your dad. I only met him a couple of times, but it was obvious that he was very loved and that he loved everyone right back. If you need anything, please let me (us) know.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care. Everything works out in the end. God's Grace is Universal. This side of death needs the work. The other side is taken care of already.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Bkbuds said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences. I know he'll live on in your heart and in all the wonderful ways he influenced your life.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PJ Librarian, my condolences, too. Very sad.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Little Willow said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home