Monday, May 22, 2006

Beverly Cleary is in the air

There must be something “Cleary” in the air. This past weekend I ventured over to the Scholastic warehouse sale and picked up some great buys. But, while I was there I overheard a young boy and his sister ask their Mom, “where are the Cleary books”? Unfortunately, there were none, but the sister did shout out, “here are the Boxcar’s and Magic Tree House”. So, as I took a stroll on the Internet highway later that day, I then came across an article at About.com’s Children’s Book Reviews on an upcoming movie about Ramona Quimby. Elizabeth Kennedy relates an article from the San Francisco Chronicle where Cleary and movie people are making Ramona and Her Father into a film. However, the title to the news piece indicates this is the first adaptation ever for Cleary. I am pretty sure though that one of the Ralph S. Mouse books was made into a movie in the 80’s. Of course, all of this Cleary news was following an impromptu discussion of Cleary’s website and a Ramona quiz taking with my sister-in-law Friday night. We were discussing that I had for the very first time finally had the opportunity to read Cleary’s Ellen Tebbits (review at a later date) this past week. I think I hear the Twilight Zone music playing now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Willow said...

Thanks for the Ramona movie news! Just read the article and was dismayed because they didn't mention the Ramona TV show. It was a very good adaptation of the books, and Sarah Polley did a GREAT job as Ramona.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home