Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Germs-They Affect Your Brain (and writing)

Okay, I must confess my last few postings have been written with a head cold. Now, I know I am not a great writer and some days I am probably no better than a high school freshman-writing student. But, I did warned everyone early on that I am the worse proofreader of my own work especially when I change my thoughts midstream in what I am trying to express. So, please excuse my poor grammatical and typographical errors of late. This cold has knocked this house's occupants onto the planet of dizzy and stuffy. Of course, on healthy days I really don’t have an excuse other than my brain and fingers don’t always connect. Well, that and I am not summiting these writings to for a grade or paycheck, so I am a bit lax in my polishing. Hope you all had a good Labor Day weekend. (The poster image is one of several from Maine's Health and Human Services Department. Thought too fun not to add.)

4 Comments:

Blogger daddy d said...

We have some of that germs stuff right here in the Northland. However, we have been able to keep taking and thereby, the students are still kept on task. I am sure we all will get better as time goes on. Funny this happens so near the start of the school year. But then not everyone goes to school. Take care.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

The poster is a fun image. I imagine that this does a fine job of encouraging the little Maine children to follow these simple guidelines. In turn, maybe there are fewer illnesses in the Maine schools.

5:14 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Looks like the nurse from my husbands school has been on your blogsite. She has posted signs all around the building that warn of the dangers of unclean hands. They have just installed wall mounted hand sanitizers in the lunchroom.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I still have not been able to stay with the book long enough to get it finished. I have enjoyed it up to this point!

10:20 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

This is another follow up on the germs. I never again will ever use a students pencil or pen in doing a solution to a problem with them. Never ever.

The doctor hooked me up with the right prescription for sinustis. Take all of it he said. Of course. Now for the new good part. He said to make tea from ginger root. It is at the store. Cut up some and boil for 10 minutes in water, add honey, and milk. Pretty good stuff.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home