Monday, December 18, 2006

Merry Christmas and thoughts...

I have made it a point not to post any pictures of my family in order to maintain a certain level of privacy. In addition, my husband is pretty adamant, as I am, about the safety of our wee one. But, for this holiday season where so many around the world are taking time to be with their families and friends whether it be for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or some other occasion I felt the urge to brighten this blog with a face that is so dear to me.

Our year has been filled with much, much sorrow with the passing of so many in the family with the most recent this past week. It is hard to face the holidays with a bright smile, but I just look to the wee one and remember the joy she brings and why we take the time to celebrate.

So, here she is the bright spot in my day (of course her daddy is a another bright spot too). Whether celebrating any occasion or staying close to home with all the familiar creature comforts, may you enjoy a peaceful time over the next few weeks.


If you are looking for last minute gift items or just some thoughts for gifts to give later on then of course I am going to suggest books. And, yes I will even go as far as saying giving a children's book whether it be a picture or chapter book to adult is a grand idea. Nothing says happy more than relating to your inner child. There are a number of creative ways to give a book, but I really like some of the ideas that Mother Reader shares in her Twenty-one ways to give a book posting. Very funny and creative. Check her out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Now, there is a face that I love.

Gawilli's current post on Back in the Day is one that you especially enjoy.

Take care.

4:51 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

What a beautiful little face! My, she sure has grown! That is some good sunshine.

Our office has been asked to bring toys for needy children in the community. We are taking books-can't bring myself to buy toys. I found one I really like by Jamie Lee Curtis about the Human Race. I love the message, in fact I am having a hard time giving it up. I will have to go buy another for myself!

Merry Christmas, PJ Librarian! I do hope you stop by my post. I thought of you the whole time I was putting it together. I'm surely not the pro you are when it comes to books, but I really love them!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As that great book reviewer, Ringo Starr, said in "Hard Days Night"..."you can learn from boooks, you know." Yet, there is much to be learned from a happy young face. What a Joy!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

This little girl can add brightness to anyone's day. :)

You'll be happy to know that one of Donna Lyn's presents this year is a copy of The Westing Game, one of my all-time favorite books. My only hope is that I haven't given this to her already!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

She is just too sweet!!

Merry Christmas, and many hopes for a happy new year.

:0)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

She is adorable! Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home