Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Furry Logic?

Want to have a good laugh? Then seek out this book I consider an adult picture book. Besides the great and fabulous artwork, it is just plain funny to read. The expressions and simplicity of this book make it a must read, especially for parents of all ages. So, what is the book am I talking about? It is called Furry Logic Parenthood written by Jane Seabrook. It is one from her Furry Logic series.

Furry Logic Parenthood

I had original bought this book as a socking stuffer for my husband at Christmas. I recently noticed it in a stack of his books, and after reading a few pages hadn't realized what a find I had given him. I haven't totally absconded with it yet, but if he is looking for it, he'll find it on my bedtable. Picture books are not just for children! No matter the content. Or, at least that is my firm belief. I find that a good lighthearted read just before bedtime, or during that hardly ever, mostly never free time you have as an adult, is a good thing and picture books are a prefect fit. Plus, in this book as well as probably the series the saying of "a picture is worth a thousand words" is so true, the expressions Seabrook elicits in her artwork is just precious.

So far, I have not been able to find this book or the author's other two in the local library or surrounding libraries catalog listings. I think it is because these books are considered gift books and libraries normal do not purchase these type of books. However, check out your local bookstore as they will probably have them. Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com both offer all three books and the latest calanders from Seabrook.

Furry Logic Laugh at Life
Furry Logic: A Guide to Life's Little Challenges

Read for laughter, read for fun, read read everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very ,very good....informative and wonderfully written. Give baby Anna a big hug and kiss from old Aunt Ruthie.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lost A Sock said...

These sound great! I haven't heard of them, but will look for them next time we are in Barnes & Noble. Thanks!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home