Monday, July 24, 2006

Non Fiction/Picture Books - Eats, Shoots & Leaves

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make a Difference! by Lynne Truss and illustrated by Bonnie Timmons

This is the kid’s version of the funny adult punctuation book Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. I took a look at this the other day over at Books-a-Million and thought it was hilarious. Being the queen of grammatical and structural writing errors this would be a prefect book for those like me, oh and kids too. The adult version is good also, but I am more into the very, very simplified form of punctuation instruction. The book gets across the message on how to punctuate with simple illustrations that change based on where the comma is placed. What a great way to help kids with punctuation and have fun learning it without the “teaching” moment being hammered into them. This would be a great addition to anyone’s classroom or at home. I checked it out over at Amazon and they have a release date for July 25, 2006. Funny thing is that Books-a-Million already had it in their store last week. Interesting?! Some sites have the book set for ages 5 to 8, but I think anyone who is learning to write sentences would benefit. Oh yeah, that would mean me too. I'll just wait until the library's copy, which is on order, arrives.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lost A Sock said...

Oh good gravy, do I ever need this book?! (See?) :0)

1:32 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

I didn't know they published a version for kids! Some of my coworkers could greatly benefit from this.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home