Friday, November 10, 2006

Nice selection of comfort titles. Thanks!

In terms of comfort books there were definitely a wide variety offered up. Thank you so much to all that contributed. Many of the titles I haven’t read before and really wished I had some of them. Besides needing comfort books to peruse this past week we needed about a gallon of chicken soup. As I dropped my husband off at the airport this last Sunday, I remember him saying are you sure you will be well enough to pick me up Thursday night? Of course, I said with a gurglely and horse voice and as my wee one sat in the back with a glazed over hypnotic look. There we were two very sick girls on our way home to try and heal ourselves with vaporizers, tissues, and a stack of Baby Einstein videos.

As the week wore on I kept saying to myself we are on the up side just a day or two more (I remember saying that the week before as well). But, once the cat got sick (with something different) I thought I yield it is time to see the doctor. Now it has been two doctors, a chest x-ray, and several antibiotics later and the wee one was mending on her on, but the Mom needed the heavy-duty stuff. Luckily my husband arrived safely home last night courtesy of his brother and sister-in-law to a wife coughing up a lung and the wee one doing better. Yeah!


What I need now is to send my wonderful man out to get me some of those titles you all have shared, another box of tissues, and maybe an extra large ice cream cone and I will be as good as new in morning. Right? Okay, once the lungs are back to a mild wheeze I will be right as rain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I agree -- husbands *should* be dispatched to fetch home comfort stuff (food, books, videos, whatever...) when the gals are home sick. It's what makes us feel useful in the world :o)

Hope you're both feeling better!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

8:15 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I'm with you right up to getting the ice cream. No ice cream with colds, sinus infections, bronchitis or pneumonia! Believe me, I know of what I speak.

Hope you do find the books comforting, and feel better soon.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home