Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bam Bam Bam said the hammer to the head!

Okay, I thought I would start stockpiling today a few extra book notes for later postings, but like yesterday I have been listening to the non-stop pounding of men on my roof. Yes, it is January and I have roofers tearing off the old and putting on the new. And yes, it was back in April 06 that the hailstorm swept through the area damaging 150,000+ houses. (The endless coordination with insurance companies, adjusters, contactors, and weather.) One part of the house had to be resided, which took place in November 06. Now all we have to do is fix the little stuff that keeps on breaking.

So, no I am not stockpiling like I had hoped instead I am keeping my sweet 16 year-old cat from jumping out of her skin and trying to get the wee one to focus on lullaby music versus the constant bam bam on the roof for a short nap. At least they will be done today and hopefully without any later incidents of roof leakage. Now all I have to do is submit proof to the insurance company all the work has been done to collect the final 20% to reimburse our share that they had us pay up front. Owning your own home is great, but for some reason it is more like adding a full-time job to the endless list of things to do. At least the freezing rain and snow are holding off until the weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger daddy d said...

Good. That should be the end of a every long home owner job. It should not have been that hard or that long. I am glad that the weather is helping out. Count that as a WIN.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I hope that roofing is finished, Listening to bam, bam, bam cannot be fun with a cat and a little one at home.

I hope that freezing rain holds off forever. A little snow is expected sooner or later.

7:43 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Hope you came through the roofing experience all right! It's no fun when you have home repairs that are so intrusive, but necessary.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home