Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder!?

Oh where, oh where has the bookish woman gone? Well, let’s see there was this book called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, then the ever present home repairs that seem to keep me way too busy, and then there were the amended taxes for my mom because she hired someone from 2004 to 2006 to do them that apparently lacked basic reading skills (she now has returned to her bean counting daughter who is free). Ah, but the best of the last two weeks was hanging out with my family. My hubby, wee one and I spent some us time together over that last four days. We hung out at the zoo, went to the butterfly conservatory, checked out the botanical gardens, and visited with family and friends. What fun we had and memories we made. Check out a few of the delightful photos we took.

Hope you have been enjoying your summer and it has been filled with books that are entertaining and pleasurable. We have been trying various genres and I hope to get back to some regular book notes later next week. In the meantime, I will probably post a few more zoological photos and fun notes.


The top photo is of a plumeria. The one to the right is that of a 12-day old baby reticulating giraffe and its Momma. The bottom photo is that of a blue morpho butterfly. This is one I tried last year to get and did, but this time I was able to get a picture of it in full spread. They are a beautiful brown on the outside with this brilliant blue on the inside and are about 4 to 6 inches in size.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! We went to the Zoo and Butterfly exhibit also. The children and I went to Ky to see Aunt Shirley ( my sister). Stopped at a small park and saw an old castle tower and a really neat waterfall.
Fishing, hiking,bird watching...saw 9 beavers and three dens.

Aunt Ruthie

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful butterfly. I have troubles getting things to sit still long enough for me to get a good shot!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home