Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What is that sound you hear?

It's me sounding like a Sicilian miniature donkey braying. Well, I’m thinking I need to write a children’s book about the constant ever-present never-ending driving-you-crazy home repairs. I believe I was going to post book notes this week, but turns out of the 20+ books we checked out of the library most were not even worth listing the titles. Of course, with the thousands of children’s books published each year there are bound to be a few duds, but it seems we picked a good percentage of them this past week. Good thing we are going back tomorrow.

Anyway, two weeks ago we fixed yet another of many and I mean many gas leaks in this house and this time it was in that nice new ultra expensive high efficiency gas furnace. Gee, I wonder if you really save on any gas usage when it keeps leaking out? Well, as I sit here wondering about how we managed to buy a house that provides me a full-time maintenance job where I get to pay someone else on a regular basis to fix it, the roof repair people are here. Let’s see we had hail damage last year and it took over six months to get the new roof up and now it leaks. Hum, is that noise you hear a banging head against the desk sound?

And, let’s not forget the endless paperwork that I have been administrating for my father’s affairs, which hopefully I signed off on the final document today to close the estate. You would have thought my father had a complicated and wealthy life, but in reality he was living a retired and fixed income lifestyle with only a thousand square foot house, older model car, and small bank account. The state I live in is still one of the few that requires umpteen taxes and court papers for even the simplest of estates. Thank you state government for adding to the grieving process.

Good thing I get to read children’s book each day as being with my wee one and her books makes life seem simple and wonderful. So, I am now off at the request of the wee one to come and color with her. No problem there. The laundry and rest of the world can wait.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I know someone who could draw nice pictures for your book about house repairs.

9:06 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

Nice idea for a story. It would be realistic and develop a proper view of what parents do to make for a safe house.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the joys of being a homeowner. I bet we all could help with that book. Coloring is much more fun.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home