Thursday, May 24, 2007

Picture Books (& Mother's Day Books) - A Present for Mom

Ah, did I ever tell you that my husband is the one that feeds my book habit? Probably, and on a number of occasions. Well, for Mother's Day my husband surprised me with a copy of A Present for Mom by Vivian French and illustrated by Dana Kubick 2002. What a delightful book about the youngest child's dilemma in finding the right gift for his mom. The illustrations are very sweet and captures kids (kitten) expressions so well. This would be a great story to read with kids around a parent's birthday as well. It helps the little ones understand that some of the best presents of all to give are from our heart and imagination. Also, this would be a good book for those single parent households out there as well. What's even better is it doesn't come across as a single family home. I didn't even notice at first until I read my previous notes on it from years ago when I put together my Mother's Day book list. Good for ages preschool and up.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. Dana and I really enjoyed making this book; Dana's a great photographer herself, which is why there are all those 'photos' on the end papers!
I have four daughters (all grown up now), and the youngest once had the idea of putting a big hug in a box ... and that's where the idea came from for this story.
All best wishes,

Vivian French

PS I live in Scotland. Blogs get everywhere!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

What a sweet looking cover, and the author commented on your blog. I am very impressed with your review and the author's visit.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice Mother's Day present from a guy who know's what she likes! I will have to check this on out!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and was thrilled to find another lover of children and young adult books. I can't wait to read more of your posts!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

If you have time, I've tagged you for the 8 Things Meme.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see your blog and it has very impressive information. I visited this informative mothers day site, it has also very interesting information.

http://www.mothersdaycelebration.com/

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home