Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Picture Books - Emma Kate

Well, it is going to be hard to top the fact that an author has visited this site and included a kind message (Thank you Vivian French you made my day). But, I will move forward and see what else the book world has in store of me. So, let’s start with a shout out for the picture book Emma Kate by Patricia Polacco 2005. We just picked this one up in the paperback form a few weeks back. This is a story about a little “girl” and her imaginary friend Emma Kate. The artwork is very interesting in that it is almost completely done in pencil with just a splash of color. Spoiler - At the end of the story you find the splash of color is our little “girl’s” imaginary friend. For some reason my wee one has taken an extraordinary liking to it. It is a good book, but I just didn’t picture the wee one head over heels for it. She usually reserves the extra love for a different style of book. But, hey the fact that at 27 months she can name the titles of all her books and requests particular ones throughout the day is amazing to me. Emma Kate would be a great gift to a preschooler up through 8 years or so girl. Young boys may like it as well, but it tends to lean heavily toward girlie situations.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very fond of this author. One of my teacher friends turned me on to Welcome Comfort and I was sold! I will have to check this book out.

Thanks.

10:40 PM  
Blogger PJ Librarian said...

Welcome Comfort indeed is a really good book (should be on its way to be a Christmas classic). It was nominated a few years back for the Young Hoosier Book Award. She has many, many other books that are good reads as well.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I would love to hear your wee one asking for Emma Kate.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home